Apex Legends has released a new season called Emergence. This is the season number 10. The patch has brought lots of bugfixes for Legends and certain meta changes. Let’s take a detailed look at the changes below
LEGEND META (APEX LEGENDS)
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse’s Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse’s team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
Dev Note: Fuse continues to struggle. We identified two opportunities to help him that weren't just "give him more damage.” We believe Apex is a gun game first and foremost and therefore want to make sure we don't put too much damage into character abilities. The first opportunity we identified was his tactical. While meant as a persistent area denial tool, it currently does not last long enough to seriously inconvenience an enemy. We doubled the duration so you can now place one at a door and be reasonably sure no one's coming through that door for a little while. While we doubled the duration, the damage per second remains the same. Please don’t stand in the fire. Secondly, his ultimate often didn't give his team an advantage; sure, you may catch enemies within it, but the flames made it impossible for you to step inside, and you couldn't see the enemies you trapped either because the flames were in the way. We explored a few ways to deal with this but ended up going for the most straight-forward answer: you get enemy outlines as long as they stay inside the ring of fire.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
Dev note: There’s no doubt the nerfs Horizon received with Legacy were necessary, but given the benefit of time and hindsight we decided we probably hit the speed of her tactical too hard. Instead of completely reverting that part of the nerf, we found a happy medium between how fast her gravity lift operated at release and how slow it was after the nerf. This one's hard to communicate with numbers, so just give her a try and tell us what you think.
- There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s→20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m→3m. Duration reduced from 20s→15s
Dev note: Caustic is a dangerous character to buff. Push him a little too far, and he quickly takes over the meta. Constantly fighting through gas is no fun, so we definitely want to avoid him becoming dominant once more. That said, we're now convinced the nerf that dropped his gas damage to a flat 5 damage went too far. When you can sit in gas and take a syringe or two and be fine, gas is not a scary enough deterrent. So we switched back to a scaling model. This time we decided to let the damage scale a little more slowly. Instead of going up by one every tick, we're increasing it by one every other tick. Damage is uncapped at the top here, but really that's very theoretical. Enemies will generally be dead around the time the gas reaches 11 damage per tick (unless you've been healing). The desired effect here is to make enemies feel a great urgency to leave the gas as soon as possible. At the same time, we wanted to be mindful specifically of Caustic's impact in late game circles at the highest level. Even with Ring 6 now slowly closing over 100 seconds, we were worried about the effect that a single Caustic ult could have in the late game. We reduced its duration by 5 seconds. The ult represents Caustic's highest moment of power; his enemies have no way of countering it. 15 seconds is still a meaningful amount of time (and with the damage changes, 15s is long enough to kill someone) but it should hopefully make fighting a Caustic in the end game slightly less frustrating.
BUG FIXES (APEX LEGENDS)
- Fixed an issue where Bloodhound’s tactical failed to highlight the enemy for the Bloodhound player while they used an emote.
- Trident and Dropship audio should no longer be significantly dampened when Bloodhound is using their Ultimate.
- Corrected an audio issue with Gibraltar’s Dome Shield failing to make sound.
- Fixed cases where Lifeline’s VO still says “I’ve got you. Shields up” even when she no longer has a shield.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple no longer stays connected when he’s killed while under Revenant’s Death Protection.
- Updated Pathfinder “Copper Core” legs so they now match in first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s Grapple cooldown audio cue replayed rapidly after deploying tactical in gameplay.
- Wraith can no longer use her ultimate while attached to Valkyrie’s ultimate.
- Fixed a rare bug which allowed downed players to jump/bunny-hop after entering a Wraith Portal that was placed by a crouching Wraith.
- Fixed an issue causing Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher to disappear when moving away from other players with certain Legendary skins equipped.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Caustic Barrels to be pushed into players, crushing them.
- Fuse’s Ultimate “Motherlode” is no longer destroyed if it interacts with Caustic gas.
- Wattson’s ult will no longer shoot down friendly Caustic barrels and ults.
- Addressed an issue where Mirage’s invisible revive wouldn’t fully cloak teammates when certain skins were being worn.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to wedge an Octane jump pad between a supply bin to make the Trident faster.
- Fixed a visual bug where Octane’s goggles moved independently after using his tactical.
- Removed the beam of light that shoots into the sky every time Wattson places down her fence.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Crypto’s Drone could be deployed and recalled infinite times when the user had only one charge available.
- Switch Only: Fixed a visual bug where Crypto’s position indicator while in his drone flickered near the top and left edge of the screen.
- Switch Only: The UI for Crypto’s tactical charges should no longer overlap with the recharging UI when his drone is destroyed in Arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Drone from being able to detect enemies using Trident.
- Fixed a visual bug when the Heirloom appears to be floating in third-person when looking up and down inside the Gravity Lift.
- Placing a Death Totem too close to the edge of the map should no longer teleport players off the map when returning to the totem.
- Emote fix: Added the missing Silence Orb to Revenant’s “Suffering Silence” emote.
- Fixed some exploitable hiding spots reachable in Rift using Revenant.
- Fixed some cases when Revenant didn’t have horizontal movement animations when holding the heirloom.
- Lots of fixes across all maps to address issues with exploits, hiding spots, and inconsistencies with using Loba’s tactical.
- UI Fix: The ammo Count in Loba’s Black Market should now display correctly.
- An issue that allowed Rampart’s turret to be placed on Geyser got fixed
- Fixed a bug that caused players to run faster after stowing a fully charged, chargeable weapon—this bug also caused the charged indicator in the UI to go away.
- Fixed an issue where Rampart’s wall would get stuck in an animation loop when hit by Caustic gas.
- Fixed some cases causing Horizon Ultimate ability to be cancelled out when placed near a supply bin if the bin was opened during gameplay.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused part of Fuse’s body to pop up on the screen when toggling throw power after swapping grenades.
- The audio triggered by players’ landing impacts should be louder when they’re coming in from a jump pad.
For more details on the regarding legends, click here